Can I bring a Kentucky wrongful death action based on the death of a child or an elderly person?

Yes, a wrongful death action in Kentucky can be brought on behalf of a person who cannot bring the lawsuit themselves. Sometimes that's a child, sometimes, most of the time, we see it involving an elderly person in a nursing home who does not have the mental capacity to bring the lawsuit. Normally it's brought by a spouse or a child, or next of kin, but that actually definitely can be pursued.