Can I file a brain injury lawsuit on behalf of a loved one?

If a brain injury has been suffered by a minor, a parent or legal guardian can file a lawsuit on behalf of the minor child. Sometimes we see cases where an adult has suffered a very significant brain injury and can no longer care for themselves. At that point and time, we normally petition the court to have a guardian or a conservator appointed on their behalf, who can file the lawsuit in the applicable court.