What should I do if an insurance company approached me about my injuries in my accident case?

After you've been injured in an accident, the at-fault party's insurance adjuster will contact you. This insurance adjuster does this on a daily basis, investigating and adjusting claims for his client. He does not represent you and in fact his purpose is to limit whatever recovery you might make. You need to have an attorney who deals with insurance adjusters and handles personal injury cases on a regular basis so that you'll be equal footing and the attorney can handle those questions for you. That's something you should not have to do.